Saturday 1 July 2017

I will run for second term when I hear from God – Benue Gov says

Benue state Governor, Samuel Ortom has said that he is waiting to hear from God if he should run for second term.

Ortom said this while reacting to calls from some youth groups in Benue for him to return as Governor.
He said “I saw vision in 1992 and God asked me to go and become the Governor of Benue State. I attempted to become Governor in 2012 but it was not possible until in 2015 when God said it was time.
“If God directs me that I should go for a second term, no one can stop me. But if God has not spoken, I won’t re-contest.”
Speaking on his progress as Governor, Ortom said “Before we came in, there were insecurity here and there – kidnapping, robbery, cultism and all that; but through our amnesty programme, over 900 criminals surrendered their weapons and we are now living in peace”.
Ortom also described calls for him to run for a second term as a distraction, adding that he has only spent two years in office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SARS: Osinbajo orders probe of abuses as IG rejigs squad

The Vice  President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, yesterday directed the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, to commence investigations in...